Share Your Talents
Volunteer for Unchained Talent! By giving your time and sharing your talents you can make a difference and have a direct impact on our students.Spread the word:
- Tell everyone you know about Unchained Talent!
- Publicity/outreach (help us spread the word about performances and events)
- Contact people you know in the business community who can provide in-kind or financial support for Unchained Talent
- Host your own fundraising event for Unchained Talent - host a party with a suggested donation (movie night, wine and cheese, Oscar's Night, karaoke party...) or sell some old clutter on Craigslist or Ebay and donate it to Unchained Talent. Let us know what you're organizing and we'll send you some material to share with your guests or highlight your effort on our website
- Assist with Unchained Talent fundraising events - Mobtown Madness is coming up in September!
- Help run our concession stand during shows
- Mentor a college-bound student
- Tutoring and homework assistance (help keep students' grades up so they can perform)
- Teach a skills-building workshop (acting, singing, movement, vocal technique, composing, make up, technical theatre, anything...)
- Teach life skills workshops (financial responsibility, college readiness, job readiness, anger management, conflict resolution, health, anything...)
- Technical theater assistance - set design/set building, prop design/prop acquisition, costume design, lighting and sound production help and teaching
- Create a mural and work with Unchained Talent visual artists to install in our classrooms
- Join our staff! - keep an eye out for staff and AmeriCorps positions on our website
- Coordinate College Access Mentor volunteers
- Arrange a tour of professional theatre facilities or colleges for the students
- Help update and maintain our website
- Cook meals for rehearsals during production week
If you can help with any of these, or have other ideas you want to contribute, please contact Unchained Talent at (443) 386-4365, or firstname.lastname@example.org.